Want to show off your home library and write about the books you turn to during tough times? We invite you to write a short essay or poem for 805's “My Home Library” blog that features people enjoying their home libraries during the Covid-19 pandemic. We hope this blog series will help people show off their home libraries, find comfort in books, and feel a connection to the library during this difficult time.
· Your home library is not limited to books- you can write about your movies, albums, video games, or your virtual library on your e-reader.
· Please include 1-5 photos of your library including close-ups of books.
· Essays can be up to 500 words. Poems can be any length and style.
Writer’s Block? Write about:
· Your favorite book covers
· Your favorite lines from a book
· You favorite book in a series and why
· Books you received as gifts
· Books you keep meaning to read but never do
· Books that helped you during a tough time in your life
· What you’re reading now as you shelter in place
· Submitting does not guarantee publication.
· By submitting, you give us permission to publish your words, photos, and bio on 805’s website and social media. Your own your words and photos and can repost them anywhere you’d like.